Budget Study Trip
The Adventure at a Glance
- Learn Chinese in every aspect - listening, writing, reading, and speaking.
- More than 50% of your time will be spent on cultural programs and culture-related field trips.
- Visit shopping areas and historical sites accompanied by your Chinese teacher.
- Explore your creative side by attending calligraphy and Chinese painting workshops under the supervision of famous Chinese artists.
- Enjoy the spectacle of a Chinese opera and grasp its concept at the Academy of Chinese Theater Art.
- Visit a Chinese family to experience the diverse of China culture.
- Climb the Great Wall and venerate the surrounding countryside.
- Discover the history and myths of the Forbidden City.
- Experience the atmosphere in Tiananmen Square and become familiar with China's history surrounding the events that took place right there.
- Take a leisurely boat ride with breathtaking views of the Summer Palace.
- Gaze at the 18th and 19th century environment when visiting the ancient Hutong district.
- Other field trips included in a three-week trip: Ming Tombs, Temple of Heaven, Shichahai, Peking Man Site at Zhoukoudian, Yonghe Lamasery, Xiangshan Park, Prince Gong's Mansion, and Wanfujing Street.
Features of the trip (for a three-week trip)
Accommodations in hotel-like rooms with bath, hot water and TV (2 persons per room).
Meals: Three meals a day in genuine Chinese style.
Transportation: Mini shuttle bus to run between the school and downtown twice a week.
30 teaching hours of intensive Chinese language lessons.
12 hours of Chinese culture lessons and/or observations.
8 whole-day field trips in the vicinity of Beijing.
2 banquets at Peking Duck Restaurant and Lao She Tea House.
Sports and games in the evenings.
Travel Insurance is included.
Schedule Sample for a Two-Week Class
Schedule Sample for a Three-Week Class
Study Program Introduction
Most foreigners learn Chinese for the purpose of engaging in businesses or other professional work where the Chinese language is required. For these language learners, the best hope is to learn to speak Chinese within the shortest possible time frame, so that they can be fast prepared for using the Chinese language in work and business. The Chinese learning/cultural program that we offer in this trip is called intensive language program. This program is to enable foreign learners to make the full use of Chinese language environment in the institute, so that a rapid progress in listening and speaking abilities of the Chinese language is attainable within a short period of time. It is one of the most effective ways for language learning that have been used in many countries around the world today.
The textbook adopted for the program is the newly published textbook entitled <Course of Intensive Chinese Language> that is sponsored by Beijing International Ladder School of Language. The writers of the textbook are from Beijing University of Language and Culture (former Beijing Language Institute), which has been in existence for 40 years with rich experiences in Chinese language teaching and training for foreigners. Now there are more than 6,000 foreign students studying on its campus with majority of them learners of the Chinese language. These writers are well known professors and scholars in China in the field of Chinese language teaching and training for foreigners.
Lodging and Teaching Institute
Beijing International Ladder School of Language lies in the Tongzhou District of Beijing Municipality. This was one of the first institutions to offer an intensive language program with immersion in the "whole language" environment. The classrooms are equipped with the latest technology and student dormitories provide hotel-style service, including food and other basic daily necessities for learners. There are recreational and sporting facilities, such as, basketball, table tennis, exercise area, etc. After attending Chinese language lessons in the morning, students get a chance to practice what they have learnt at the school coffee shop, art store, or hotel check-in counter.......(more detail)
FAQ: Can I stay at your institute a few more days after the trip ends?
Sure, it's much cheaper to lodge at our institute than in the regular hotel. Please email us one week prior to your departure. You may also book Beijing or Shanghai hotels via our Hotel Search Engine.
The following price is based on a minimum of 15 persons per group. The round trip international air ticket (from your home town to Beijing or Shanghai) is not included. You can book international flight via our Air Search Engine or call our travel agent at 1-877-vip-nice.